Friday, September 05, 2003

Today is Strange Video Day on Vh-1 Classic

It's an ecclectic mix of videos I've seen today as I sit with my computer on and the telly in the background. This is the second post that Blogger has sabatoged as well. Blogger is getting on my one and only nerve.

So far I've seen the video for the Talking Heads - And She Was. I wonder if my grade school music teacher knew what this song was about when she had us sing this in sixth grade? Probably not, but a special thanks to that ditzy teacher for exposing us to different sounds.

Happily I've also seen the video for Tom Petty's The Waiting. For any of you that don't know this, The Music Whore has a soft spot in her heart for Classic Tom Petty. Classic Tom Petty to me is defined as any songs with Stan Lynch on Drums. When Stan Lynch left the Heartbreakers it was a sad day indeed.

Another observation, What's up with the lyrics for Genesis' Tonight Tonight Tonight? He's coming down coming down like a monkey? Ok Phil, whatever you say. At least this song provokes that Phil can sing something other than sappy love songs and sad Eleanor Rigby wanna be songs.

One last observation: Any given decade had better and more diverse music then there is now.

0 comments: