Sunday, September 21, 2003

The Joy of Mix CD Swapping

Ok, the last disc has now been burned for the Quintessential Burn. I'm really looking forward to getting the new mix CDs in the mail.

I took part in Kymberlie's Burn It about a month or so ago, and now I'm doing the Quintessential Burn over at Cyber-Cowboy's site.

I got many very professionally done mixes from the Burn It Swap, that I'm being very anal about my mix this time. Well not the mix itself, but the artwork. Cos artwork has never been my forte. I think it's my lack of Photo Shop that keeps me from reaching my full potential in this area.

I found some really great bands thanks to that CD Swap, and I was quite surprised that alot of the music that I liked (but have been neglecting had shown up on some of my mixes.)

So here are a few recommendations of bands that I've heard recently, care of the Burn It Summer Edition.

Delerium - I'm fond of these tracks so far: Underwater and Terra Firma

Lovage - Try Strangers on a Train

Freezepop: Cheesy music at its best...if you need a giggle Boom Boom Boom will do it

I was also pleased that people enjoyed the Moody Blues track I included. The song was Deep, from the album Sur La Mer. Next to Elvis Costello's I Want You..this is the thuddiest song ever recorded.

So really, if you have a burner and want to experience new music, I highly recommend getting involved in a CD Swap. I'd love to do another one myself, but I don't have enough readers here. (sniffle)

Oh...and just to let you know..The vast majority of the world thinks that Van Morrison's Moondance is a great MakeOut song...though I have to say..it's just a great song. Period.

0 comments: