Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Introducing Oingo Boingo

I have a friend who I've been trading music with for some time, and his daughter's are very fond of the music from Nightmare Before Christmas. When I first started exchanging music with him, I sent a copy of the Nightmare demos for his daughters.

Now I'm trying to decide what Boingo cd to send. I've copied Dark At the End of the Tunnel already. I think for someone that has heard the theatricalness of Danny's voice, this will be a good introduction. It's not punkish like the first 2 albums nor does it fall under new wave or alternative...as did some of their other cds. Boingo falls under way to many genres to classify them.

I was originally going to send the last album...simply titled Boingo..which is one of my very favorites..but I'm not sure what his daughter's listen too. (the music whore was a tad bit worried some of the lyrics were a bit mature...for the audience..)

I wonder what the music scene is like in Bulgaria...where they are from? Do bands like Boingo even sell records there?

Still I find it kewl to be introducing one of my favorite bands to a new generation of listeners

0 comments: