Sunday, September 28, 2003

If I knew then what I know now...I never loved ya anyhow

Let's play a little game of what's been going around my MusicMatch playlist, cos I don't usually turn the stereo on anymore. There's quite a few songs on the playlist these days, because I don't usually delete things as they appear from something I've downloaded from a website..or that I've put there on my own.

So step into the weird world of the Music Whore's Playlist....this idea...was somewhat inspired by Brighid....who will be cringing at what I'm listening to most likely...

Solar Twins - Rock the Casbah: I have this cover of the Clash's courtesy of Christine. I never thought I'd like a cover of the Clash, especially one that is such a departure from the original. The lead singer of the Solar Twins has an ethereal sounding voice, almost little girl like, without being annoying. For some reason this version of the song is pleasing, and it's interesting to see how the Clash have influenced different artists.

David Bowie - New Killer Star: Ok, I have the whole Bowie CD Reality in my MusicMatch player. Later today that CD will be reviewed at Wenches. I love it when Bowie gets in his prolific moods. The single is great and the album is another "interesting" offering, but I won't give anything away yet.

Moody Blues - Wherever You Are: This is by far the best song John Lodge as ever written. No hands down. If he was trying to one up "Isn't Life Strange" from Seventh Sojourn, he did it with this ballad from Strange Times. John is the Rocker of the Moody Blues, at 58 he goes on stage in leather pants, and quite frankly he looks good in them. (especially when he gives you a view of his tushie)

Midnight Syndicate - Vampyre: I just discovered this Ohio band, that does creepy Halloween soundscapes. They rival Danny Elfman's best creepy scores. I fully intend to have one of these CDs playing on Halloween to freak out the neighbors kids.

Elvis Costello - North: This is one of 4 songs that I like from this album. The only problem is, none of the four tracks I like are on the actual CD I own. North is an exclusive download track you can get when you purchase the CD. Impatience and Too Blue are bonus tracks and Still is the current single. Someday this album may grow on me, but I don't think it's going to be anytime soon.

Van Morrison - Moondance: I love this song...Everyone loves this song. It's crept on so many mix cds I've received lately it's scary and now I'm playing it on the computer.

Sarah Brightman - Harem: The Hex Hector Remix...I really love Sarah's voice, especially when she's doing the trancey new age sound. The title track is one of my favorites from her current release of the same name

Brigid Boden - As Tears Go By: A lovely track written by the Stones. I love Marianne Faithful's voice and I was prepared not to like this, but I couldn't. Another track that I didn't think would lend itself to a trance-like sound, but again, the Music Whore was wrong.

Run for It - Delerium (Featuring Leigh Nash): Yes there's alot of Dance stuff on my player right now. Delerium is the best of the bunch. Find their stuff, download it, then buy it...cos it's worth it. Again, the Music Whore would like to thank Christine for introducing me to this great band.

I think that's enough for now...the playlist is currently growing, and I have a review of Bowie's Reality to do.

0 comments: