Thursday, September 25, 2003

Halloween Mix

I've been thinking of doing a mix CD for Halloween. Why? I'm not really sure. There just has to be about twenty songs that can fill a disc, of creepy dark spooky music. Tay came up with one the other day, so today is my turn.

Here's my mix, which will make it to the Art of the Mix site sometime today.

Danny Elfman - This is Halloween
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Halloween
Madonna - Supernatural
Moody Blues - The Other Side of Life
Japan - Ghosts
Oingo Boingo - When the Lights Go Out
The Damned - Grimly Fiendish
Gene - For the Dead
Paul McCartney - That Day is Done
Shakespeare's Sister - Moonchild
Morrissey - Ouija Board Ouija Board
Bauhaus - Spirit
Erasure - Hall of the Mountain King
Arcadia - Keep Me In the Dark
Caroline Lavelle - Mourlough Shore
Elvis Costello - I Want to Vanish
Dead Can Dance - I Am Stretched On Your Grave
Danielle Dax - 16 Candles

I did a lot of hunting to find tracks that were dark and keeping in the theme of Halloween. I like the fact that most of these tracks have an ethereal sound to them. I also discovered a new group while looking for these tracks; Midnight Syndicate The artwork for their albums is gorgeous. It makes me want to revisit a certain vampire story again.

Anyone up for a Halloween Mix Swap?

0 comments: