Wednesday, September 03, 2003

I've Been Interviewed

By now we all know the drill

The Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.



1) If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only have ONE
compact disc, as in one commercially produced album, with you to keep you
company, what album would it be and why?


One commericially produced album. I'm ready to beg for a boxed set, only the Time Traveller Box was released before Strange Times and would therefore not have the finger click goodness of Haunted. (and that would be cheating too) Oh my lord, this is a hard question. Inevitably by the time I got off the island I would hate this disc...no..I lie..the batteries in my walkman would be dead in only two hours.

I'm going to chose The Moody Blues - Octave. Which was released in 1978. The first album they released after a long hiatus from recording. (Even though Haunted is one of my favorite Moody Blues songs and that track is on Strange Times)

This album has several of my favorite songs by each member of the band as well as being the last album with all 5 original members ( Steppin in a Slide Zone and Driftwood to mention 2)..Though Strange Times from 99 with Haunted and English Sunset is coming in a close second.....

For those of you that don't know who the members of the Moody Blues are:

Justin Hayward
John Lodge
Ray Thomas
Mike Pinder
Graeme Edge

These are some talented musicians singers and songwriters...I recommend them highly. They have a very unique style, that truly can't be pinpointed to any decade.

2) What non-human animal are you most like, and what traits make you think
that?


I would probably say a cat. Most of the cats I know are very shy when they are with unfamiliar people and only become more friendly as they grow accustomed to the new individuals..(I'm very much like that) Cats are very crafty and will do whatever it takes to get what they want. (kinda like me trying to scrape up money for the Costello reissues)

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm shy...a bit reserved with strangers...set on my goals...and very loyal to those I love..

At least that's how my Misty cat is...and I think we're two peas in a pod...

3) If you got to know someone in a coffeeshop, by the time you finished
your first cup of coffee together how would you like them to describe you?
That is, in the space of 15 mins, what kind of impression do you feel you'd
give someone meeting you for the first time?


That poor soul in the coffee shop would probably say...Get me the hell away from this psycho woman! Seriously, if anyone can take away anything about me in 15 minutes...they are going to learn my intense love of family and music. Those are the 2 things that are important to me...even before my writing. It would take more than 15 minutes before I'd even mention that to anyone. If you're a stranger on the net...sure I write...but very few really know the importance of my sharing the printed word with you. Which is why a new face wouldn't know about it.

This poor soul would probably then be left wondering who the hell "oingo boingo" is and why a 29 year old loves the Moody Blues with such a passion...

4) Do you remember the first blog you ever read? What was it?
Hell yeah...that would be Linds. It is her fault that I'm blogging today. She made me do it I tell you..she made me do it!!

5) If you had to choose between losing all of your teeth without
possibility of synthetic replacement, loss of use of one leg, or loss of use
of one arm, which would you choose and why?


Ok...this is the evil question I dread every time it's posted on Wednesday What-ifs. I'd probably say loss of the use of an arm. As long as said arm remains attached. I don't think I could take being wheel chair bound. As for writing I would learn to use the other. My teeth..I'm quite fond of...good for chewing..couldn't part with them..So yeah..I'll forsake an arm as long as I get to keep the arm.

0 comments: