Monday, September 29, 2003

I'm just a battered old bird

I've really been trying hard not to let the crap in my life get the best of me. This weekend has tried the last bits of my patience.

As always when my brother visits, there is the traditional family blow out. Woot, just what my already bad nerves need. Our small house on Sunday had my mom, dad, 2 nephews, sister (for a time), brother, his wife and me cramped inside. By 5 o'clock when my friend, Mary showed up I was ready to scream. Too much togetherness. Too much chaos. Too many computers needing my brothers help.

(that means I worked very little on Man Out of Time this weekend)

Our home network between the PCs and laptops had to be tinkered with, because the printers refused to install. The old dial up modem and it's answering machine program were sapping the resources from the old Emachine. (Had to uninstall and disable the modem) The original HP Hard Drive got reinstalled then crashed...3 hours after my brother left, leaving me to take the computer apart myself!! I'm proud to say, I put it back together and it is working!

I was supposed to be working today, but that fell through. Boss is determined to get the move underway, but it's not working out as planned. So here I sit at home.

On a plus note. I will be getting some writing done today, and maybe play around with some artwork for the Halloween CD Swap.

Remember too, if you want to participate, Saturday is the last day to sign up.

0 comments: