Monday, September 22, 2003

Paperback Writer

An open rant from a person that does one thing that's really important to her: my writing. I hate when people dismiss the little things that I write as trifles. This isn't a rant for me in general, it's for anyone out there with a love for getting a story down on paper.

People write for several reasons.

1. The have a story to tell
2. Something has moved them so much that it has to be put down in print
3. They are being forced to.

If you write for the first two reasons, than kudos to you. I don't care what you write, do it. I wouldn't beg the worst writer in the world to stop. (no matter how much her bad totally implausible stories might be)

Writing is a release. It's an obsession. For me it's something I've done since grade school. I have to write. To stop me would be to kill me. To ridicule what I write is to stab me in the heart.

I have many outlets for my ramblings. The blog is my favorite; both blogs actually. I think I can be slightly different in my musings over at wenches. Though I don't know why.

All I know is this...If I didn't have this to do, I would surely perish.

0 comments: