Monday, September 01, 2003

Guilty Pleasures

Tay used this as a blog topic a few days ago and I've been pondering it ever since. I figured now would be as good a time as any to come up with my list. Why, you ask? Because it's 2:30 in the morning, and I'm not feeling to great, (this thanks for sharing moment brought to you by the Music Whore) and sleeping is not an option.

I will say this, Tay and I share alot of guilty pleasures.


1. BBC America - Where would I be without my steady stream of British tv? I must have Coupling, Manchild, My Hero and What Not to Wear in order to survive.

2. CDR Trading - I now have well over 500 cdrs of live concerts by my favorite bands. Who do I have the most of? Elvis Costello! His best bootleg? Aging Gracefully from the Fillmore in 96. Awesome intimate show with just Elvis and Mr. Steve Nieve.

3. Making Mix CDs - I share this one with Tay. I love making mixes. I wish I had my printer working so I could make pretty mixes. I'm still trying to download some tracks so I can make the Best of the Moody Blues Solo. What I am going to do, is make the Best of the Beatles Solo. I have alot their stuff on cd and mp3.

4. The Monkees - I don't care what anyone says about these four guys, they were talented and still are. I've seen them in concert at least 5 times since 86 and they get better and better. The music is fun and the guys are still sweet and fantastic, makes me wish I were alive when they first were around.


5. Cheesy Romance Novels - Give me a good trashy novel and I'll be happy for hours. I mean honestly...you've read my stories..you should expect this. I really love historicals too. I've always wanted to wear the gowns of the 1800's.

6. Madonna Movies - Not all of them, mind you, just a few. Who's that Girl, Desperately Seeking Susan, Evita and A League of Their Own (does that one count?)

7. Vinyl Albums - I love going to places like Half priced books and finding LPs. The last time I was there, I got a mint copy of the Moody Blues, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour for $1.00. Wootness!

8. Pictures of my Manwhores - Nothing makes me happier than being able to right click on a picture of Justin Hayward, Elvis Costello, Greg Proops, Alton Brown...or any other of my lovelies. I have over 1000 pics of Justin on my harddrive at the present moment.

9. Happy Talk and The Turkey Song - 2 songs done by Captain Sensible and the Damned respectively. Both are truly fucked up songs, but both can make you smile on the shittiest of days.

10. Tim Burton films - Not always the greatest films made...but always a film that will make me sit down and watch. I have a particular weekness for Edward Scissorhands and Mars Attacks.

0 comments: