Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Get Drunk Get Disgruntled..but most of all Elvis Costello wants you to Get Happy

Well for having no money at all, I managed to get 2 out of the 3 reissues today. For those of you not in the Costello/Rhino reissue loop; this psycho label is putting out 3 titles of Mr. Costello's back catalog every few months(years....). The 3 albums that have hit stores today are fantastic: Punch the Clock (pure 80s mixed with a little Elvis snarkiness), Get Happy (Can't make me any happier than this) and Trust (From a whisper to a SCREAM).

Ok..I'm sure you're wondering why you should buy these, what with the call to boycott the RIAA and all. I'm going to give you 3 reasons, all of them good.

1. Each CD has a bonus disc of demos/rarities and other happy stuff.

2. Liner notes written by EC himself.

3. (This one is the Music Whore's Personal Favorite) Pictures!!!!!

I mean really....Can you turn this face down?