Monday, May 31, 2010

Ashes To Ashes Rocked My World

In the course of the last 3 years, I discovered a wonderful sci-fi cop show from the UK, called Ashes To Ashes. Its the sequel to Life On Mars, which I liked, but as I mention to a friend yesterday, I like Ashes better. Why? All the characters seemed to connect better with me.

Yesterday, I watched the final episode, and oh how I cried. It was a fitting and well written end to a show that has been stellar from start to finish.

Allow me to share a dream sequence from this past series.



Yes, Gene Hunt could be my downtown man. I'm only sad that Alex and Gene didn't get to shag each other senseless. (Yes, I have a huge crush on Philip Glenister, see my hump day post for further proof)

What the hell am I going to do without this show!!!!

I flipping watched Demons because Glenister was in it. (And that show was terrible)

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I need to get around to Netflixing this or something. I never watched it when it was on, partly because I wanted to watch it from the beginning. And see their version of Life on Mars first.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

We all have favoutite shows that leave a hole when they are gone.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Dont you hate it when series end? When you finally find that one show that is the perfect fit for you and then....

Well you know. For me that show was Gilmore Girls and I own all the seasons and watch them every winter. I refer to them as my comfort shows.

My condolences to the loss of your show.