Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Made Omelettes

I'm so proud of myself. I managed to feed everyone breakfast this morning and everyone is still alive!

Yesterday I went to Shop and Save and they had eggs for 99 cents and chipped ham for $1.99 a pound as well as several kinds of cheese for $2.99 a pound. So today I made everyone but mom (who wanted to make her own) ham and cheese omelettes.

I'm quite that I'm getting the really thin omelettes down. That means I can probably make a crepe. I've been a bit afraid of trying the super thin pancakes. I just wish I knew how the restaurants can get them to look like burritos. I'm just not that good at rolling or folding my eggs.

So if any of you cooks out there have any tips on how to get the omelette to do that nice burrito wrap, I would love to hear how you do it.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

As I love omelettes, they look so yummy!

Mike said...

You're way ahead of me. I don't have to patience to make food with more than one ingredient. Cereal and milk is a real chore.

Janelle said...

I have this amazing crepe maker I got in the strip. It's super convenient & simple. I might have to make some later.

sage said...

Sounds good--my omelettes often come out as scrambled eggs as I keep adding too much stuff to them--cheese, ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers.... and then it breaks apart and I eat it all mushed up and topped with hot sauce.

Bilbo said...

I'm with Sage...I never could get omelets to flip and fold like they're supposed to, so I always end up with fritattas - which are just scrambled eggs and whatever else is in the fridge. I'm in awe of the lady who makes omelets at a local restaurant who tosses the whole thing up out of the pan with a shake of her wrist, and the omelet falls neatly back into the pan, folded nice as you please.