Sunday, May 02, 2010

Operatic Music?


I'm doing a review of a lovely artist on Mossip. Her name is Elizabeth Tryon. Her music shifts from pop vocal (Sarah Brightman, Idina Menzel, Emmy Russom) to more operatic sounding numbers in the course of the 13 songs on her debut album, From Elizabeth.

Now most of you that know me, know I'm not really into classical music. I like my share of songs from musical theater, but I'm not an opera buff by any means. However, when you listen to this lady sing, it doesn't really matter.

Elizabeth has a voice that defies description.

Check out her music her website, its definitely worth listening to. Check out my review here.

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

She sounds very promising.

Mike said...

"Operatic music"

The kind of music you'll be hearing over the speakers at the hospital next Thursday.

rashbre said...

Its great to dive into some new types of music too.

One of her songs (the Delibes) with a different singer used to be a Televison Ad in the UK for British Airways.

The Offenbach's Doll Song/Olympia's Aria is also quite well known usually with the doll running down and having to be rewound.