Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Continuing Saga Of The Car

In yet another attempt by Bernie The Beretta to take a few years off my life, my car's engine light decided to come on just as I was leaving work yesterday, extinguishing my plans of going to the gym.

See! Its my car that's making me fat!

Then it stalled!

I managed to make it home and my dad got it to a friend's garage, where we were told two things.

1. My battery was shot to hell.

2. I have a leak in my exhaust! AGAIN!

My nephew came and took my dad to get a battery. Yay! However this morning, just as I was getting to work, there's that happy Engine light again.

Right now, even if I could be approved for a loan, I wouldn't go for one, as I don't feel my finances will remain stable. I know my requirements for the new or new to me car are pretty simple. I need a 4 door vehicle. It needs to be an automatic. It should also have fairly low mileage. I've not owned a car that wasn't at 80,000 miles when it came into my life. I need more reassurance that the car has staying power, especially as so many crap out and die at 100,000.

I need to win the lottery, damn it!

2 comments:

Mike said...

With the car lottery that just happened you would think there should be a lot of good used cars out there right now.

Bilbo said...

Agnes's car is 14 years old and has about 130,000 miles on it. We've taken pretty good care of it, but it's showing its age. It has been in the local mechanic's shop for more than 3 weeks now because it needs parts that aren't being manufactured any more, and have to be scrounged from junkyards. Unfortunately, because it was a limited edition, super-turbocharged model, there weren't many made in the first place, so... Someday, we'll get it back, hopefully before the other car dies. Sigh.