Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Feeling Old

My nephew, Michael is graduating high school on Thursday. He was born the year I graduated high school.

18 years ago.

Wow!

I remember holding this gorgeous little baby boy in my arms. He was the cutest baby in the whole world. (But then again don't we all say that about babies, especially ones near and dear to us?)

I can't believe he's all grown up and ready to go off to college.

Where have those 18 years gone? How did they fly by so darn fast?

I hope in the coming years he finds himself ready to take on the world, in whatever careerpath he ends up on. I hope he doesn't end up too far away from his roots.

4 comments:

Mike said...

"fly by so darn fast"

See, you've been having fun and didn't even know it.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The jump from babyhood to adulthood soon goes by.

Bilbo said...

Nice sentiment. A few years back I was involved in an auto accident in which a young woman rear-ended me while I was stopped in a traffic jam. When the cop took our information, I realized she was born the year I got my first drivers' license. Ouch.

Deirdre said...

Aww, happy graduation to him!