Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Backed Up

I have about 5 CDs that I'd like to review, but I just can't seem to get around to writing them. Thankfully these are the ones I do for free, but I hate to have requested the music and not do the write up.

I did manage to get 3 reviews done last week. I'm going to try to do that this week, starting tonight and hopefully one on Friday and another over the weekend. The thing is, these reviews really take a lot of time. That's a given.

You have to listen to the album more than once to make a good judgment call on an artists work.

The first of the reviews I'm going to be working on is a jazz/pop duo called Beautifully Mad. I did get to listen to the CD a bit last night and I really liked what I heard.

Then I have 2 albums by The New Fidelity, which I already know are awesome. Then Mark Radcliffe, another artist I highlighted in my Artists To Watch column on Mossip. After that there are 2 more CDs I need to listen to.

This is why I don't get to listen to the music I usually love anymore. However I really do love the stuff I've been hearing lately, especially the operatic singer I mentioned and Isaboe.

I just wish I had more time to listen and write, especially since I have my Chicklit book blog that I try to update on a consistent basis and Wenches.

So much to do and so little time to do it.

Oh and we still don't know when dad's surgery is tomorrow. Grrr

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I think I usually give an album two good listens before I write anything, not counting taking notes. Then I play it through again while I am writing. It's more work than I think people realize.

Mike said...

Multitask tomorrow. Listen to your new music while waiting. It may take your mind off of what's happening.

Deirdre said...

Is it possible to listen to music at work? I know you can't give it your complete attention... but it might take the pressure off having to do all of it at home in one sitting.