Thursday, May 06, 2010

All Is Well

Dad is home and not feeling much pain. In fact he's already back to his stubborn, slightly crotchety self, that we all know and love.

We joked today, when he wouldn't use the walker that was provided that with grandma, we always said, Vanity, thy name is Emma, because gram was a beautiful lady until the end and she knew it. No one ever would have guessed her age.

With my father it is Pride thy name is Andrew. He refuses to use the walker and half the time he neglects to take his cane, aka "STICK."

I'm just glad that this surgery is over. Not without drama, but its over. Oh and not to worry, none of the drama happened at the hospital, just a few mishaps at home.

I will be so glad when the foley is out of him tomorrow and life can return to a more normal pace.

I just wish I could have taken a picture of my dad's pouting sleeping face in the post op room. It was hilarious.

1 comments:

Mike said...

I was going to say 'All is well' and then I noticed that's the title of the post. So I'll just say 'ditto'.