Saturday, May 22, 2010

Do You Know What I Hate More Than Anything?

I hate people that continuously talk about weight loss and working out. I know people need a support chain when it comes to losing weight. I know I do, but listening to people talk about exercising annoys the hell out of me.

I generally think its because I find exercise to be one of the most boring topics out there. I go to the gym, perhaps not as regularly as I ought to, but really its damn boring. There's nothing exciting about it. The whole exercise thing bores me, and talking about it, is a total conversation killer in my book. What the hell is there to talk about anyway, when it comes to exercise. "OMG! I felt the burn!" Conversation over.

I tend to think that people that casually drop the "I worked out," into all their conversations need to be hit with sticks.

I always want to tell those people that I feel sorry for them or ask what it was they worked out. Where did the term actually come from, because it sounds stupid too.

"I worked out."

Eh.

I guess it sounds "cool" to say it that way than the basic, "I exercised" or something similar.

Either way, I do not care.

I'm thrilled that you are fit and active! Have a cookie, now shut up about it!

Oh and do you want to know what I hate more than people that talk about weight loss related things? Blood work. Yuck.

2 comments:

Mike said...

"The whole exercise thing bores me,"

Well, that's because exercise IS boring. You need to keep asking them, "What were you thinking about while you were exercising? What? WELL WHAT???!!!!

sage said...

Good rant... there are people in the gym who have allowed the gym to take over their lives--it's suppose to help you live better, not become a life...

I don't talk about the gym much, but go regularly and to keep it from being boring, I listen to books on an ipod (when I've got a really good book, I will want to go more often)