Friday, May 14, 2010

The Debt Monkey Returns

Bernie the Beretta has decided to play with my head again. 4 times this morning she wouldn't stay running. She's start and then just stop. I had to get my father to take me to work and then I called Enterprise so that I'd have a car for the weekend.

Bye Bye $128.00.

Oye.

The car then proceeded to start and run. No one has moved it though, so I don't know how long it will run, but its not pulling the start/stop BS it was at 7:45 this morning.

Stupid f-cking car.

I'm going to Davies Ford tomorrow and preparing to give myself a big whopping pile o' debt in the form of a used car. I've been told there are several around 7-9 thousand at the dealership and I'd rather buy from a reliable dealer than a used car shop, as my car may have a warranty worth having.

Wish me luck. I'm very nervous about this, but I know its time for Bernie to go.

5 comments:

Molly Bandit said...

aw man, good luck! I know you're not happy about the debt, but at least you're trading that badness off for a reliable car.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Good luck :)

rashbre said...

good luck with this.

Mike said...

Don't forget to check at your bank or credit union for blue book values on the cars you're looking at.

Bilbo said...

A car payment is a yucky thing...but then, so is being left in the lurch by an old clunker that you can't trust. It's a pain now, but you'll thank yourself later. Good luck. Maybe you'll even be able to drive as far as DC for a visit!