Monday, May 03, 2010

Missing Mondays


Every week I talk about something in my life that I miss. Right now I'm missing flower shows, either at Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh or Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square.

I have a love of flowers that I got from my mother. When I was young, I always wanted to rush through these places. I'm not sure why. They were always beautiful, especially Longwood. I do remember always loving The Chime Tower there, and I still do.

There's something very magical about these places. I think its because the flowers and displays are just so beautiful that you get transported into another world. Phipps has been a favorite place until the fancy shows they've done, caused the prices to rise, and with more notable artists exhibiting their glass in with the flowers like The Longfellows that were displayed their last year.

I can't believe I haven't been to Phipps since last July. I'm making a mental note to go there the next time I rent a car, which will likely be in July. It just seems a shame that I'm missing out on such beauty because my car freaking SUCKS!

But I will get there damn it! I will. I will not miss both of these places much longer!

3 comments:

Mike said...

"my car freaking SUCKS!"

Once a month you're going to have to post how much is in your car account. That way you won't be tempted to take anything out.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Nothing has come out of it...the sad part is...nothing has gone in lately either.

Deirdre said...

How lovely.