Thursday, May 20, 2010

Funny Finale

Do any of you watch The Middle on ABC? If you don't, you really should. The show is so damn real its ridiculous. Last night's season finale had Betty White guest starring as a librarian out to make Brick's (the youngest son's) life unbearable. That combined with Sue trying to get involved in something without failing and Axel being ...well Axel, the show was hilarious from start to finish.

The best thing about this series is that it is a perfect snapshot of lower middle class America, where people are going from paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet, and often failing.

I'm thrilled that its managed to make it to a second season, because the whole cast is funny and the show doesn't go into that sickeningly sweet realm that the Disney family shows often go down. (Though I do love Good Luck Charlie)

Its really nice that there are some family shows on the major networks again, because I'm sick of all the shows being about how one character is trying to get laid.

So if you haven't watched this show yet, catch some of the reruns or go to the network's official site. I think you'll get a few laughs. Plus OMG Betty White! She's freaking awesome!

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

I've never watched it but it does sound interesting!

Janelle said...

I caught the end when my mom had it on.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I don't think w've got that show over here...