Monday, May 10, 2010

Missing Mondays

What am I missing this week? I'm missing a time long long ago when reality tv did not exist. Back in the day when there were no shows like Survivor, The Bachelor or American Idol.

These shows need to go.

All of them.

Sorry, Bilbo, Dancing With The Stars needs to go too. Had they not put Kate Gosselin on this season, I might have let them pass.

Also the shows like Dancing and Idol...why can't they be weekend shows. People do watch the telly on the weekends!

I'm so sick of the networks taking the cheap way out. That goes for BBC America too, as they'd rather play all the reality based shows from across the pond then anything that might be entertaining....besides...Doctor Who.

I mean, c'mon, they are just airing Series 2 of Ashes To Ashes...when Series 3 is half over! Oh and word to SyFy and BBC America; Sarah Jane Adventures! We want them!

There is entertaining telly out there, but geeze, why does it have to be so hard to find?

5 comments:

Mike said...

TV is just trying to live up to is official name - wasteland.

Bilbo said...

Well, yes, DWTS did put on Kate Gosselin this season...but they also put on Nicole Scherzinger and Evan Lysacek, two of the best "stars" ever. Hang in there, things will get better eventually.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I think reality TV may be on it's way out... Big Brother certainly is in the UK. We can hope anyway... Although I do quite enjoy watching Britain's Got Talent, that is until 2 of the judges pick somebody who is quite obviously NOT talented!

I'm going to miss 24 when that finishes as that's my Sunday night viewing... Saturday night is Dr Who and I quite like the new one, despite being a fan of Tennant as The Doctor.

Rob said...

If you have TiVo or some other DVR, my CME (Cheesy Mindless Entertainment) list includes Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Castle, NCIS, White Collar, Psyche, Flash Forward, Happy Town, and In Plain Sight. Even with zipping through commercials, this is about as much time as I care to devote to TV.

Anonymous said...

Can't agree more, Andrea. I really can't stomach reality tv. Never, ever watch any of the shows, not even Kate Gosselin!

Diane