Saturday, September 06, 2008

Why Oh Why Oh Why

Did The Knack choose to record Nick Lowe's I Knew The Bride? I finally got a copy of the 1979 release Get The Knack, which is a pretty solid album. Unfortunately I listened to the bonus tracks.

Dave Edmund's recorded it in 77 so did Status Quo. But why did The Knack have to do it? Sure they were of the same old school almost punk style that Nick wrote for, but when they got their hot little hands on that number they really just massacred it.

I guess that's why it was just a rehearsal cut that didn't make an album until much later when record companies scrambled to find any bonus material they could.

This is one bonus track I could live without though. I've listened to it several times this morning hoping that I would change my mind.

Nope.

Its a combination of it being played just a bit too fast and the lead singer's voice just not doing it justice.

Avoid this song, if you like Nick or Dave, for I fear you'll end up angry like I am right now.

0 comments: