Saturday, September 20, 2008

Two Artists To Relax Your Soul

In the turmoil and crazyness that is the world we live in, music is needed to keep some of our sanity in check. I know I'm one of those people. Music relaxes and soothes the savage beastie that I can become when I get stressed.

I discovered 2 new indie artists today while perusing (I like that word) CD Baby.

Lisa Dery
is one. You only have to look at her website to know that you're getting somethinb beautiful and ethereal. Its a bit celtic a little bit folk and a touch of jazz. You can't get any prettier than that.

Karyn Wittemore is the other. I adored her voice with one listen. She reminds bit of Rachael Sage in her singing style. She's got such a soaring voice.

I don't know where I've suddenly got the love for such mellow music. I think I'll blame it on my rediscovery of The Moody Blues.

Either way, here are two artists you should definitely give a listen to. Plus they are part of the $5 sale at CD Baby...when you buy 3 CDs from their sale list all discs are $5! So 3 CDs for the price of one! Woot!

0 comments: