Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Little Tuesday Meme On Thursday


Tuesday Tunes - Week 50 from Music Memoirs

Summer is officially over so let's do a recap.

Tell us your summer musical memories, whether they are a concert, an album you bought, a song that became special or a new artist you discovered.


There were a lot of concert memories almost from the very beginning. In June I saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Mountaineer in Chester, WV. A fabulous show. In August I saw Lady Antebellum at the Fayette County Fair with Sarah Marince another fabulous show. Oh and Labor Day weekend was the back to back Peter Noone shows.

Summer was full of great shows, with great artists that were all very gracious to their fans. Definitely a lot of concert memories this year and all of them good ones, for a change. And really, if you get a chance to see Peter Noone perform, DO IT! You'll enjoy the music and he'll make you laugh til your belly hurts.

As for artists I discovered? There are almost too many to mention. I've definitely discovered some country artists that I like as well as some indie artists. I think right now Jimmy Wayne and Lady Antebellum with Sugarland coming in there as well. Suffice to say this summer has made my CD wish list grow larger than it has been in a long while.

It definitely was a great summer of music for me.

0 comments: