Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Pittsburgh Renfest


This is the second year we've attended the Renaissance Festival in West Newton, which is about 20 minutes from where I live. I love it! It's great fun. There are at least 8 or more acts performing at the festival. My favorite being the Washing Well Wenches and Cast In Bronze.

This year we saw a few new acts as well as the old staples. The German Brothers that rapped were really a hoot. The best part however is the jousting. Why? Because. Erm. Well. Uh. I'm not really sure why, except that the horses are pretty and well, so are the guys that ride them.

Hey! I'm a girl. I appreciate a good looking man on a stead! I was lucky enough to give Sir Roderick (The Evil Knight) a favor in the last challenge! Yipee!

So in my day, I had a German rapper, rap a dirty song at me, I gave a favor to a rather dashing dark knight and the King of the Festival sang to me. Oh and the guy that plays the carillion in Cast In Bronze signed my CD! It really doesn't get much better than that.

If you want to see my photos from the festival, just click here

0 comments: