Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Peace Lily Is Blooming


I don't know how I managed not to kill this almost tree sized plant in the last five months, but I haven't and its actually thriving.

Most of you know that it was given to my family when grandma passed away in April. No one really knew what to do with it.

I took it upon myself to baby it and now I'm reaping my rewards. There is a blossom. Its not open but last night I saw that it wasn't just a new leaf.

I'm so excited.

I didn't think the plant would survive this long in my care, but maybe I have just a little bit of the green thumb my gram had with house plants. I like that idea. It couldn't hurt to be more like grandma, she was a wonderful lady. I would be proud to be more like her.

There will be more pictures when it is completely blooming and well I'll be full of myself with pride then.

0 comments: