Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sticker Shock

I've been trying to price the two cars that I'm considering purchasing, The Ford Focus and The Chevy Cobalt. Both are small, fuel economic vehicles. Both have a sticker price near 17,800.

BLERGH!

I will not consider a Toyota, for one..UGLY is what I can afford there. Honda. BLECK. Plus living with a man that served in WW2, well if I brought a non-US made car home, I'd better be prepared to move into grandma's house.

I guess there goes that Mini-Cooper.

What really gets me is that the local Chevy Dealer in Rostraver has no Cobalts with automatic transmission. NONE! 57 Cobalts on the lot and all are 5 speed manuals. Uh, I can't drive a stick and I'm not willing to learn either.

I just want to be able to find my car a bit easier and I'm getting the feeling that when I do decide to buy one its going to be a pain in the ass to do, not to mention totally unaffordable. I refuse to buy an Aveo or a Yaris, they are freaking UGLY!

I'm glad my purchase time is looking to be spring though I had wanted it to be this winter.

0 comments: