Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm Disappointed

I finally got to listen to Lindsey Buckingham's kinda new CD, Gift Of Screws and apparently I'm one of the only people out there that didn't really care for it.

Its too produced if you ask me and Lindsey's vocals are almost drowned out by the guitar work at some points. Not that I don't want to listen to Lindsey play. He's a fantastic guitarist, especially acoustic, but I don't buy an album just for guitar work. I want good songs that are enjoyable. 4 out of 10 songs are what I'd call good. The other 6 are mediocre, bad, or just downright strange.

This is a classic example of waiting and getting excited over an album, only to have my hopes dashed after one listen.

The cover alone is enough to put me off. Seriously, Lindsey couldn't afford a good photographer? That picture could scare small children!

It certainly isn't worth $13.00.

0 comments: