Monday, September 08, 2008

Weird Dreams & Why I Like Phil Collins

I lost Pickle again on my clock radio so I wake up to 99.7 WSHH. This morning Genesis came blaring down the waves at me. It was Throwing It All Away from the Invisible Touch CD, which is one of my favorite albums.

I totally didn't wake up properly when it came on because I drifted into a dream where I was singing that song at someone. Never mind who I was singing it at, but I was singing it. God I hope I wasn't singing in my sleep! That could be frightening, especially as I'm not much of a songbird when I'm awake.

I full admit to loving the cheesy song stylings of Phil Collins, I always have. His voice just appeals to me. Maybe I was adult contemporary even as a kid, because I remember buying the But Seriously CD when it first came out and I saw him in concert on that particular tour as well.

This is the first time a song ever took hold in my wandering sleep filled brain. I suppose it could be worse, it could have been In The Air Tonight that was playing. That song has such a creepy vibe I would have had a 5 minute nightmare.

The problem is this damn song is stuck in my head now and probably won't go away for the rest of the day as a result, because I'm so focused on the dream.

ARGH!

What a way to kick start the work week! I think I want to be throwing it all away.

0 comments: