Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - Week 35

From Music Memoirs:

Pick an album that you consider a favorite but isn't by your favorite band. (I'll know if some of you cheat!)
I can't cheat, I made up the meme. So you know there will be no Costello or Moody Blues or Hayward etc posted here.

Over The Rhine - The Trumpet Child


Tell us why you like the album.
Over The Rhine cross so many genres in one album, I think that's what I like the most about them. You get that alt-country vibe, like Hem as well as a bit of a jazzy fell and sometimes pop. The lyrics are wonderful too. It's good relaxing music

What is your favorite track from the album and your least favorite track.

Favorite Track: If A Song Could Be President
Oh man if it were the case, I wouldn't have the issue I have with election. Suffice to say I'm voting for the party I said I'd never vote for again this year, I'm sure, since the media has decided on the nominee for the party that's ripped to shreds, because we'd rather have a plastic, phony idiot as the nom than someone that has a clue. Oops, did I spew political nonsense again? Sorry

Least Favorite Track: I Don't Wanna Waste Your Time
I guess everyone is entitled to a potboiler of a song. It's not a bad song, but there's so much better on this album. It's worth a listen though, I seldom skip over it.

What caused you to buy this album or download?
I bought it because I fell in love with the band's Christmas album Snow Angels. The Trumpet Child was their most recent recording. A friend had sent me a download of this one when I told them how much I loved the Christmas record, so I it wasn't a disappointment when I paid my $14.00 for it.

Do you own any other albums by this artist or is this just a one off?

I own several but no all of the Over The Rhine catalog, that will be rectified over the year I hope.

These are the albums I own on CD:

Snow Angels


Drunkard's Prayer


Discount Fireworks


Now you should all check out something by Over The Rhine.

0 comments: