Monday, June 23, 2008

In My Life....I Love You More

The week after grandma passed away, I requested In My Life to be played on the Pickle in her honor. I hadn't completely paid attention to the lyrics when I did, except so many of them suited the situation. It wasn't until I scrolled through my friends list over on livejournal and saw a photo post that said in my life...I love you more that it really hit me, that was the perfect song for grandma.

Why?

Because any time you told grandma that you loved her, she fired back, "I love you more."

She signed her greeting cards that way too.

That was grandma's catch phrase. I can't hear those words without thinking of her.

Reading those words this morning brought a tear to my eye, as I thought, someone else said that besides gram. Then I realized it was John Lennon.

0 comments: