Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gone To The Garbage

My little Aiwa stereo system went out to the trash. I'm going to miss it in some ways. It was one of my favorite stereos. It had a cute 3 disc CD changer, cassette deck and a nice radio. I listened to Fishy many mornings in the last few years from that stereo, but lately the only thing that worked reliably on it was the radio.

~sigh~

In the last few years most of my music just came to my hard drive anyway, so it could be played on the computer or eventually on one of my mp3 players, so it's not going to be missed too terribly. I have a mini system in my bedroom for CDs and my turntable. (Yes, you read that right, turntable)

The next thing to go to the garbage is the entertainment center that it once stood on. I bought a new one Sunday and I'm anxious to get it assembled, but its going to take time, a whole lot of precious time, to quote a song George Harrison made very popular in the 80s.

After I get rid of that monstrosity, I'm going to get rid of my corner desk, even if it means piling all my books etc to the ceiling, because I hate that desk with a passion and its not needed. If I buy the Dell of my dreams, I won't be keeping the old HP, as its too old.

What I really need to do is get rid of some of these VHS tapes that I never watch. Those really need to go to the trash, but I feel so guilty. I spent good money on them or countless hours taping the stuff on them, but who uses VCRs anymore, eh? Heck my small collection of DVDs doesn't get played much anymore.

I'm pathetic when it comes to watching tv or movies at home. I think a lot of the VHS tapes will make it to the trash tonight, except for the Beatle movies and such that I can't part with. At least the garbage men will have something to cart away this week other than the usual stuff. Woot! Stuff is being pitched!

0 comments: