Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow at 7:30 I'll be at the Mountaineer listening to the lovely voice of Gordon Lightfoot! Squee!

I can't wait.

I really can't wait because I took a vacation day tomorrow so I could enjoy the whole day. (And so I could get an extra hour or two of sleep!)

This is probably going to be my only piece of excitement this year, other than a weekend jaunt to my brother's house in August. There's simply no money. None. At least not the kind needed to make trips 200 + miles from home.

~big sigh~

So when I seem jealous because other people are going places, it will simply be because I am. I haven't had a vacation since 2006 and I'm heartily sick of the Mon Valley.

So I guess I'll take tomorrow for what its worth a day out and good concert and probably the only away from home outing I'll get all year.

I'm still trying to figure out if buying a new car will be worth the debt next year.

But really must focus on Gordon Lightfoot, he's the bright spot in the grey dismal clouded summer I'm going to have. So for him and his concert, I say, SQUEE!

0 comments: