Friday, June 20, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 180

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 albums that you can't stop playing lately, and tell us why you love them!

Jewel - Goodbye Alice In Wonderland


I just recently discovered this CD and I love it, especially the title track. It's in that country/alt-country genre that I'm loving a bit too much lately, but it's Jewel and therefore it's lovely no matter what the critics say.

Nick Lowe - At My Age


You'd never have guessed this one right? LOL! This is probably my favorite Nick Lowe disc and I love them all. Since the concert in April, I haven't been able to stop listening to this one. Great tunes. I don't think its as loungey as The Convincer either. Pure pop goodness from one of England's best songwriters.

The Wallflowers - Rebel Sweetheart


In the summer I love to listen to Jakob Dylan when I drive somewhere. This is the most recent album by the band, unless you count Jakob's solo album Seeing Things, which I don't. Jakob proves that sometimes you can be awesome and have an equally awesome parent.

Martina McBride - Timeless


A beautiful album of covers, I especially love her version of I Never Promised You A Rose Garden

Gordon Lightfoot - Gord's Gold 2

Almost all of my favorites from the early part of his career are here. Great compilation that everyone should have!

0 comments: