Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 Mixes That I've Made

I made these for a music community I'm in and I thought I'd share. Remember to say thank you if you snag them!



Artist: Various Artists
Album: This Time Its Personal (88 MB)
Genre: Mix
Similar Artists: Diana Krall, The Monkees, Elvis Costello
Tracklisting:
Elvis Costello - Mouth Almighty
The Beatles - Nowhere Man
Ann Margaret - I Ain't Gonna Be Your Fool
Keri Noble - Imperfect
John Barrowman - Being Alive
Michael Ball - Let The River Run
Grey Eye Glances - Faces
Tommy James - Ordinary Girl
Oingo Boingo - On The Outside J
ill Sobule - Bitter
Hem - The Pills Stopped Working
Nick Lowe - Where's My Everything
Over The Rhine - How Does It Feel (To Be On My Mind)
Carlene Carter - Unbreakable Heart
Diana Krall - Narrow Daylight
Alison Moyet - Another Living Day
Cher - All Or Nothing
Roxette - Vulnerable
Billie Myers - Am I Here Yet (Return To Sender)
The Monkees - Someday Man
John Lennon - Nobody Told Me
Comments: If you want to know me a bit better, just listen to these songs. They pretty much sum my personality up. Several of them I wish I had written if I were a songwriter.


Artist:Various Artists
Album: We Wish We Were Fab (45 MB)
Genre: Cover Songs, Mix
Similar Artists: Jim Sturgess, Justin Hayward, The Wallflowers
Tracklisting:
Justin Hayward - Blackbird
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Dear Prudence
The Real People - Hey Jude
Elvis Costello - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Sonia Evans - She Loves You
Oingo Boingo - I Am The Walrus
Ringo Starr - Love Me Do
Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Lady Madonna
The Wallflowers - I'm Looking Through You
The Smithereens - Little Child
Jim Sturgess - I've Just Seen A Face
Eddie Izzard - Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
Smash - Day Tripper
Thea Gilmore - I Want To Tell You
Michael Weston King - For No One


Comments: These are in my opinion some of the best covers of Beatles songs, and I generally hate/despise/loathe all covers of Beatles tunes.




Artist: Various Artists
Album: Going Undercover (71 MB)
Genre: Mix, Cover Songs
Similar Artists: Hem, Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe
Tracklisting:
Nick Lowe - Indoor Fireworks (Elvis Costello)
Elvis Costello - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (The Animals
Tremblers - Green Shirt (Elvis Costello)
Anna Nalick - Band Of Gold (Freda Payne)
The Proclaimers - Get Ready (Temptations)
Hem - Radiation Vibe (Fountains Of Wayne)
Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - The Mighty Quinn (Bob Dylan)
Erasure - Baby Love (The Supremes)
Tom Jones - Mama Told Me Not To Come (Three Dog Night)
Belinda Carlisle - I Feel Free (Cream)
Diana Krall - Temptation (Tom Waits)
Martina McBride - I Never Promised You A Rose Garden (Lynn Anderson)
Colbie Caillat - Kiss The Girl (Samuel E. Wright)
David Bowie - Try Some, Buy Some (George Harrison)
Midge Ure - The Man Who Sold The world (David Bowie)
Duran Duran - Femme Fatale (Velvet Underground)
Bonnie Tyler - Have You Ever Seen The Rain (CCR)
Joan Osborne - These Arms Of Mine (Otis Redding)
The Dream Academy - Love (John Lennon)
Jamie Cullum - Everlasting Love (Stevie Wonder)
Sarah Brightman - Dust In The Wind (Kansas)

Comments: These are a current batch of my favorite cover songs ever.

0 comments: