Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - Week 32

From Music Memoirs

What's the newest song you are currently into?
My favorite song from Elvis Costello's Momofuku is Go Away. Recent songs I love, Dolly Parton's Better Git To Livin', Madonna's Miles Away which I hope will be a single as it sounds more like her than the rest of Hard Candy.


What older artists have you recently discovered?

I'm really getting into Ron Sexsmith as a result of seeing Nick Lowe. I don't know that he is considered an older artist but he has been around since I graduated high school, and that was *gasp* 16 years ago.

What do you think of "reunion tours" or "revival tours"?
In some ways they are awesome. I love to see bands that I might have missed the first time around. However I'd like these things better if they were a way for the artists to put out new material rather than touring to churn out the same old songs over and over and over again.


What new releases are on your wish list?

Too many to mention. I still need Sarah Brightman's Symphony, B-52's Funplex among the list of 115 + albums on my amazon wishlist. Oh and have I mentioned I still don't own the reissue of Jesus of Cool? Huh? Oh and there was a Julia Fordham CD out in the past 6 months that I need to get too. ARGH!

0 comments: