Monday, May 26, 2008

The Memorial Day Concert

Did any of you watch the PBS special last night? Idina Menzel aka the Wicked Witch from Wicked was on as was Sarah Brightman and Gladys Knight, oh and some horrid country singer.

Everyone but the redneck country singer looked spectacular. Well maybe not Sarah, who looked like she was wearing an extremely expensive night gown and forgot to wash her hair, but that's OK she's Sarah Brightman and she can get away with it.

Idina made me laugh hysterically. She makes such funny faces when she sings. Idina has lips like Julia Roberts, which means she can make a mighty mean duck face with her lips and she did several times during her two songs. Her mama should warn her that her face might freeze that way if she does that too often!

I was trying to figure out what songs most of the ladies were doing but the only ones familiar to me was Sarah's Agnues Dei from her ex's Requiem and Gladys' lovely rendition of Let There Be Peace On Earth. My mom seemed to know the first song Idina did, but her second was a terribly boring original composition that made me positive that she should stick to Broadway and not songwriting.

I'm not exactly sure why I gravitated to this show, except my mom had it on and I was bored and I kept walking by the living room. Still it was most amusing, in a bizarre kinda way.

0 comments: