Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thank God For Fishy

I can't believe I'm actually thankful for that dork, but if it weren't for him I'd not be seeing Gordon Lightfoot in 2 weeks. For some reason, even though I have the tickets already and the date is printed on them, I've been saying the day of the concert is a week later than it actually is.

The concert is on June 11th not June 18th.

Both dates are Wednesdays, but I have no idea why my mind wrapped around the 18th as the date of the concert. If it weren't for the fact that The Pickle is giving away tickets next week and they had to do a really bad commercial to tell us about it (sorry Fishy, the commercial sucks) I wouldn't have been in Chester, WV on the right day.

Now all I have to do is get my boss to let me have that Wednesday off. I'm not concerned about getting no sleep the night after the concert. I'm more concerned with getting there, as the Mountaineer is about an hour and a half away from my house, and the show is at 7:30 and well I get off work at 4. So you can see that there would be little time to get there and get lost, as I'm apt to do when hunting down places I haven't been that often.

Fingers crossed for me that I can get that day.

I can't wait to see Gordon!

0 comments: