Sunday, May 25, 2008

Doing Something Different

In the musical arena I enjoy listening to different bands but I also seem to prefer to listen to them grouped at one time. I'll listen to The Moody Blues for a whole day or Gordon Lightfoot. Mixing things up usually only happens when I'm in the car. But yesterday something changed.

What changed? The planets are still in alignment, Obama still sadly looks like he'll be the democratic nominee, my car is still a run down piece of poo.

Nope nothing changed in the grand scheme of things.

But it did.

Yesterday I went to Best Buy and came home with a 320 GB External Hard Drive. I spent a few hours last night transferring files over. I was surprised that I only have about 45 GBs of music. Hmmm maybe I should get that 80 GB Zune or Zen. Nah! I'm happy with my little mp3 players though I would like to get the 2 GB Zen Stone that is just so darn cute it's insane!

But back to the subject at hand. I moved all my music last night and I cleaned up my winamp playlist and then reloaded all the songs and then I hit play, allowing my winamp to play any song it felt like playing.

It's been quite a weird night for music.

I didn't know The Mamas and The Papas did a version of My Girl. Actually I didn't know I had a copy of it on my hard drive!

It's a happy music day for me!

0 comments: