Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm Pissed

Last week I found I could upgrade my DSL connection speed at no cost. Basically because my connection was slower than a snail as it was. My area still isn't in the FIOS type speed but I could get a pretty fast connection. So I talked to support at Earthlink and they said it would be 3 to 5 days and we'd have the upgrade and my account would remain at the same rate.

It's over a week and we're still at the same speed. I'm getting aggravated.

When I started out with Earthlink I had a bad experience and I wanted to drop them, but there weren't many broadband servers in the area at the time that were reasonable. Now there are many but I don't want the hassle of the switch.

Every time I've had to do something with a switch I've lost internet for days and getting a new provider up and running on the lines never goes through as quickly as they say.

Grrrr.

I just wonder why their chat support can't help you with anything?

Oh yeah, they are probably in India and they don't know a damn thing about anything at all.

~head desk~

I just want the connection speed that I'm paying for. And if my connection keeps crapping out there's going to be hell to pay. It's been 3 days of this and still no sign of any change. No I lie it's been 5 days.

0 comments: