Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Getting It Done

Well I finally bucked up yesterday and ordered the PCI card for my computer that will upgrade the USB ports from 1.0 to 2.0.

Why is it that I can easily drop money on clothes that I only wear to work or to the gym, (Not much difference there really, as I work in an office trailer and every day is casual Friday) but on stuff that would actually make my life easier, I dilly dally around with purchasing?

Everything would be moving much faster if I had those 2.0 USB ports and since I'm not in a position to buy a new computer yet. I may however buy an external hard drive so that everything will be freed up on this computer for the time being.

Ah that would be wonderful. The secret would be to not buy the external that has 1 TB because I really don't need that kind of space yet. I need a 250 or 350 GB. That would house all my music and all my photos with ease. Of course, I haven't purchased that yet either. There are other things for the house that are higher on my priority list, like an area rug for the computer room that's had a bare floor for 2 years now and a new tv stand because my old one fell prey to a young kitten testing his claws. Oops.

I hope to get that part done next month or the month after. One can hope right? As long as I don't go on a huge CD buying spree, I should be ok.

0 comments: