Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mmmm I Need More Fridays

No not the day of the week, especially as I'm one of the few people that hate Friday as much as I do Monday, for work related craziness, but the restaurant. I love the sangria at Fridays. It's a really lovely combination of juice and fruit and alcohol, and after dealing with opening an estate, alcohol was definitely needed.

Truthfully for the last few weeks I could have used a whole pitcher of sangria. Maybe I would have got more than a brief interlude of the warm fuzzies. I couldn't afford to have more than that though. Not enough money, nor anyone to drive me home.

One good thing did come out of yesterday though, besides the yummy sangria, the waitress carded me. Woot! It's always nice to get carded when you are nearly 34. It made me feel really good.

But back to Fridays. They have something that really appeals to the dessert lover in me. Dessert Minis! I don't like to get regular desserts when I go to eat alone, since I'm always watching my damn waistline which seems to prefer to expand rather than shrink. The dessert minis are served in a glass just a tad bit bigger than a shot glass. Just enough sweet to make me feel like I've had dessert. The rocky road was really yummy too.

So yeah, I think I could use a few more Fridays right now.

0 comments: