Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - Week 30

From Music Memoirs

What's the worst song you've heard in the past week?
Madonna - Spanish Lesson from her new album Hard Candy! Good god it's awful. Most of the album is wretched, mostly do to Timbaland making her sound just like everything he's ever produced, which is CRAP!


Have you ever bought an album thinking you'd love it, only to hate it? What was it?

Yes, and I've bought an album knowing that I'd hate it but because I've loved the artist.

The first album that comes to mind: Elvis Costello - North



I have to say that I don't hate it as much as I used to. I still think the songs would have been better suited for his wife or at the time his soon to be wife, Diana Krall.


Are there any artists that you used to like but wish would just go away now?

Two come to mind; Duran Duran and Madonna. Both of them seem to have forgotten how to make a good record. Both used to be favorite pop tarts of mine. Duran Duran did do Astronaut, so at least there's that, but Red Carpet Massacre was just vile. As for Madonna her last good album was Music. That's 2 albums back. Both need to do some quality work soon or get out of the business.

I'm not saying that either of them produce deep thoughtful music, but they do fun pop music that makes the world go round. It's a shame they don't make good music anymore.

0 comments: