Friday, April 04, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 169

From Music Memoirs


Top 5 songs you wish had never been used in a TV commercial.


The Beatles - Revolution
Thanks to Michael Jackson, this was probably the first Beatles song to make it into a commercial for Nike. GAH!

The Beatles - Hello, Goodbye
Even as I type it I want to type Hello Good Buy! Damn Target! That's wrong on so many levels and the pun is awful!!!

The Beatles - From Me To You
This was a Christmas Macy's atrocity. I repeat, do not use Beatles songs in commercials. It does not make me want to shop at your store. In fact it pisses me off.

The Monkees - Daydream Believer
I'm sure it was good for sales of Monkees albums etc, if not for EBay, but this drove me off my nut. Every time I heard the commercial I came running, thinking that the Monkees were going to be on TV. Hey, I can dream, right?

Natasha Beddingfield - Unwritten
It's the Pantene song. I love the song, but it just doesn't seem to be suited for hair care products.

Honorable Mention:
Devo - Whip It
Wasn't that a Swiffer commercial? God how annoying!

0 comments: