Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - Week 28

From Music Memoirs

What music related tv shows do you or have you watched?

The Monkees - The best tv show I ever watched! Seriously. Lighthearded. Fun. Great music. Cute guys. It can't get much better than The Monkees.

The Beatles Cartoons - I was in love with cartoon Paul, what can I say.

Solid Gold - Remember the days before video? Remember those damn dancers? Yikes! I swear they never wore much in the way of clothing, except when they were men. Why is that? Women are nearly nekkid. Men are fully clothed. Weird.

Before Mtv there was a video show on HBO. I can't remember what it was called but it was that show that first introduced me to Olivia Newton-John. Ah...ya know almost every little girl in the 80s wanted to be her, and I was no different. Now where did I put those leg warmers?


Have you ever gone to see a movie just for the music?

Yes, many times. Twice recently for Across The Universe and Sweeney Todd. One I loved the other I was a bit eh about. Some others that I went to see for the music only, Music and Lyrics, Hairspray, Evita, The Nightmare Before Christmas.


What is you favorite music related movie?

The Beatles - Help! When the VHS first came out in the 80s I watched it many times. Sometimes twice daily. I had most of the dialog memorized.

0 comments: