Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Concert Gods

They've been smiling on me suddenly in a strange fashion for artists that I wouldn't expect to see. I've got decent seats for Gordon Lightfoot's show in June, Nick Lowe's show in a little over a week and it's possible I may see Peter Noone twice and even The Buckinghams again.

Wow!

I don't think I've had that kind of concert going year in quite awhile. And there's still a chance I might see Over The Rhine. Their show at Diesel in Pittsburgh was rescheduled and I think there are still tickets available. It's $20! I might be able to wing that without a problem! I'm playing it by ear for that one, since it's only about a week and a half before the Lightfoot show.

What might surprise or shock or amuse most people is that I don't really enjoy concerts. I hate all the bullshit that goes along with them. The pat downs before entering a venue, the wanker fans that are almost always drunk or are just wankers, the astronomical cost of anything at the venue from parking to a glass of diet soda.

I've had so many miserable experiences at shows that the great ones are often eclipsed. That's mainly because Pittsburgh has the 7 Layers Of Concert Hell for venues and security at all of them are wankers to the highest degree. It's no wonder most of my good experiences occurred in other states.

~sigh~

But at least the concert gods are being kind and smiling on me this year. Kinda!

0 comments: