Friday, April 11, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 170

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 artists you wish would record a new album. (Tell us a bit about why you want them to go back into the studio too)

1. The Moody Blues: I can't believe these guys would let their last studio album be a Christmas/Holiday CD. It just doesn't seem right. They are much too good to let a 40 + year career end that way. I mean they aren't that lazy are they? Well Justin isn't, but we haven't seen a solo album from him since 1997, I think.

2. Duran Duran: I'm giving them one last chance. After Red Carpet Massacre, I have lost nearly all my love for this band. They have released about 80% crap in the last 15 years. I want another good album. I thought all was good when they released Astronaut, but apparently I was wrong.

3. Erasure: Their last album was so great that I was left begging for more. However, Vince is touring with former partner Alison Moyet for a Yaz/Yazoo reunion in the UK so I'll have to be content with a possible solo album from Andy. The only problem there is that Andy's solo work sucks compared to Erasure. Go figure!

4. Gordon Lightfoot: Oh how I wish he do just one more album. Sadly his health issues are what seem to be keeping him from recording and it looks like Harmony from earlier in this decade will likely be his last album. That makes me sad indeed.

5. Diana Krall: I'm addicted. I love Diana. But I have a stipulation for this album. She needs to write the songs with her husband and perhaps maybe it could be a total collaboration? A true Krallstello album! Bliss! Come on Diana! You know you want to!

Honorable Mention. George Harrison: Ok, I know you are all saying, but he's been dead for awhile Andrea! He can't record! True enough, but there's enough unreleased/rare stuff that was recorded and only found on bootlegs etc that he should be included.

0 comments: