Friday, January 16, 2004

Would someone pass the electric blanket, please?

It's very cold. No, I lie, it's not very cold. It's fucking cold. It's you go outside and you need 7 layers of clothing cold. It's car won't start cold.

On the Today show, one of the hosts tossed a glass of water up in the air (outside, of course) and it came down with ice crystals!

Does that sufficiently tell you how cold it is?

It's too cold to be sitting in this room all day, that's for sure. For some reason, my computer room is the only room heat doesn't seem to travel too. (except when it's 95 degrees then the heat is all about this room)

So my choices of entertainment are very slim today. I either work on Man Out of Time and watch icicles grow off the end of my nose, or I go downstairs and read some more of Dreamcatcher.

I'm rather amused by Dreamcatcher, though the length of the novel is really depressing; a whopping 882 pages. I'll be reading this one for awhile. Hearts in Atlantis was just as long, but I remember reading it in about a week. Most likely it was because I had just seen the movie and wanted to read the book to find out how bad they killed it.

Speaking of books and movies, I have to hunt down a copy of Big Fish. (Might as well read the book if I'm never going to see the movie) It would also fall under the non-romance category, so I'd be keeping my resolution alive! Plus for me...one resolution is alive and kicking. I'm waiting for slightly warmer weather to work on the other one.

0 comments: