Thursday, January 22, 2004

I'm Addicted

I think Bands Reunited has taken the place at the top of the "Good" shows on Vh-1. You know, the shows about music! The reason behind the success of Behind the Music had to do with hearing the artists jabber about their hard times etc and Storytellers too. It's the band bitching.

Well this takes it one step further. The bands have broken up..and Vh-1 is making them kiss and make up. It's great. The Flock of Seagulls epi was the best. It brought the two Score brothers back together. (Now granted I don't believe it all happened as easily as that, but I think it's great that something like this has fixed a riff in a relationship)

Of the 3 I've watched, (Berlin, Romeo Void and now Flock of Seagulls) the Seagulls were the best performance wise. My guess is that since Mike Score still performs with his version of the Seagulls, he kept the others in line.

It was also really kewl that this wasn't an American band. Not really sure why I feel that way, except maybe that most of the really great 80's bands were from England, hell even the not so great 80's bands were from England.

The question is, will they be able to find more bands to reunite after they finish these 2 weeks of shows? I really hope so.

0 comments: